I have been using the All-in-One SEO Plugin for WordPress for quite some time now. It’s handy, easy, and best of all gets results.
- Canonical URLs
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For WordPress 2.7.1 you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- You can fine-tune everything
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
This plugin is easy to install and configure. You can follow the installation instructions on the plugin download site.
With the latest versions of WordPress, you can actual do some of these functions using the Custom Fields functionality. You can add custom fields for description, title, and keywords easily. I like the All In One Pack becuase it’s already configured and really easy to use.
Couple this with the fact that I’ve been using it for years and have measured the results, it’s a no-brainer.
Give it a try.